Thursday, February 11, 2010

How Do I Encrypt My Files On My External Harddrive How Can I Encrypt An External Hard Drive Completely, Not Just Individual Files?

How can I encrypt an external hard drive completely, not just individual files? - how do i encrypt my files on my external harddrive

I travel with an external hard drive from Western Digital. There, preferably free, program to lock me or can encrypt the hard drive with a password is, I do not know want to keep, encode each file. Remember too many passwords. If so, it is more secure encryption?

2 comments:

maniacfo... said...

Using free software and open source software called TrueCrypt, http://www.truecrypt.org/.

It can encrypt entire hard drive for you and you can change the level of encryption you want to select. There's really no reason to go to a high level of encryption when you high hopes that the FBI and try to country, they are breaking into the windshield.

Sarah Poke said...

The only free program that encrypts the entire hard disk TrueCrypt. It is open source, meaning a group of developers working on it and perfect it for free. Continuously updated.

Basically, you install it, turn on the hard drive into a virtual drive, if you have the key on the right side, we see only gibberish. It makes the whole device.

I myself have with TrueCrypt, but was so good. My goal is simply more convenient, certain functions that I like and do not in TrueCrypt, but for most people, this program works well.

Post a Comment